Monday, August 29, 2011

Getting back into the Swing of Things!

So school has started, and I need to use my quiet mornings to get my blog going again! It has not started so smoothly. So, I decided to ease back into it although this is not my normal day to write.
I hope this is an encouraging moment of truth for you. His Word for our soul.
Isaiah 53:10-11
First of all, GREAT chapter! Plan of salvation. . .from the Old Testament. It just proves that you can't understand the New Testament without the old!!
"But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand. As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities."



Jesus Christ, Yeshua, the Exalted One, the Messiah foretold in Isaiah. That alone is amazing, but as I was being taught from this scripture, I loved the words, "pleased" and "satisfied". Because it reminded me that Jesus "gave up" His life for me, and Isaiah says that His soul was anguished but that it satisfied Him. It pleased the LORD.



That is almost too much for me to handle. It's a verse I've known for a long time but lately it's really stuck with me. . .the Creator of the Universe was, essentially, glad to do what He did. It satisfied Him to die in my place.



And, while it seems too difficult to handle, I imagine that if my child was dying, and I was offered the opportunity to die in their place that I would probably be pleased to do so. And, I'm nothing but a sinful woman at heart. He's so much more! Thank you LORD for giving us life that speaks of You! You have put us in these relationships so that we can understand just a glimmer of Who You are! Everything around us has meaning. Everything whispers Your Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment