Tuesday, September 20, 2011

After my ranting. . .

So, I'm over my ranting about being changed. . . Now, I want to flip sides and say that while we ARE to be changed. . . We still screw up. . .Even the old and new testament heroes did. . . God is pretty patient. . .more forgiving than we know. . .and loves us beyond our comprehension!


Philippians 1:6 says, ". . .being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (NIV)
Now that's awesome. . .I'm not done yet! I think the key to my "rant" the other night is when we "pretend" that our sin is OK b/c we are saved, and we have no desire to change. I have to check my heart often and ask, "Am I allowing God to finish His good work or am I still in my toddler stage throwing fits because it's not all about me?" There is a big difference in pushing towards the mark, stumbling, but getting up and continuing AND running the race backwards or refusing to run. Be encouraged. . .He's not finished with you yet, and that means there is probably more change on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment