Friday, November 4, 2011

A thorn in our side. . .Healed by thorns in His crown

Because our Sunday School class is doing "A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place", a Bible study by Beth Moore, many of my posts will be a reflection of that study.
So far, this is a thought that has intrigued me. Try to follow my scattered thoughts for a moment.
Genesis 3:18 "It (the land) will produce thorns and thistles for you."
Genesis 22:13 "Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket (thorns) by his horns."
Mark 15:17 "They put a purple robe on Him, then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on Him."
Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
Before sin, no thorns. After sin, thorns. After sin, a need for salvation. Abraham's son about to be sacrificied and Yahweh provides the ram. . .stuck by his horns in the very object that resulted from our sin. . . thorns. Christ referred to as "the HORN of our salvation". As he becomes our sacrifice because of our sin, the horn (Jesus) is caught in the thicket (crown). . .which is only their because of our sin. What a reminder. . .it was ever-present in the mind of Christ as the thorns pressed into his skin, "This is why you are here. . .to remove their SIN to bear it yourself." Always present, always reminding Him. And, it reminded the faithful around that their sin was being "worn" by their King.
Wow! Talk about a God of detail. I really believe everything means something. We don't always see it. When time is no more, I look forward to Him whispering to me. . ."Look back, see what I was showing you there!" Even then, He will be glorified for His presence in my life even when I was too blind to see it! What a day when I will receive sight! Can't wait for the clouds to clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment