Saturday, August 24, 2013

To & Fro

So, it's been awhile since I've added to this devotional blog. . .I'm ashamed to admit how long. It seems this journey of adoption, a new business, the old job, busy girls, and an unexpected trip to Ha*ti has left me unable to engage in the luxury of my blog. But, I'm back for the moment. . .

I have been using the book Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala as a devotional guide. While all studies that God leads me to with His word and encouragement of those gifted in teaching kick me in the tail, this one has left me awe-inspired and dropping more to my knees than I ever have in my life. My God is like nothing we know on earth and is a superhero beyond any hero. . .and He wants me to cry out to Him. I stand amazed and humbled.

Tonight, the verse I landed on was "For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His." Hmmm. . .the eyes of the Lord are roaming the earth, searching. . .what is He finding? Is He finding a strong Christian nation (no, not America, His nation) passionately seeking Him or one that's passively following Him? Does He see me? Am I seeking Him with all of my heart? Am I willing to call myself a Christian first, and everything else second? No matter what that means? I'm here to stand and shout today that I want to experience MORE of the power of the Holy Spirit. I want Him to look and see the passion and "strongly support" me, to be my rock. I want to be found in Him doing His work in His time in His place.

In waiting for this little man in Ha*ti, I have learned much. More about patience than I wanted to learn. But I've most learned that I live in a country that thinks it's blessed because of it's financial means. And, yes, clean running water, food in abundance, great medical care, and a fabulous education system is a blessing. But, we are lukewarm. . .and we have lost the understanding of richness. It is in Him that we are rich. When our hearts are His, we find true peace, true richness, true contentment, true joy, true love. Satan has lured us with the "things" to distract us from the Provider of the "things". Lord, forgive me! Help me see each day what you are doing and join You in Your work, not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment