Thursday, April 14, 2011

Devotion Day: God's Promises

Worth continuing. . .

So, last week our devotion focused on the “word” of God. That it was active, living, and blessed. It’s sharp and is able to divide truth from fiction.

As I was reading (for entertainment) this week, I started thinking about “confessing the word”. Confessing referring to the following: “to tell, make known”. Word referred to as “what God says in the Bible”. There are a lot of things that we can confess. Confess the sins of our neighbor, confess the mess we are in, confess the “events of the day”. However, as I was reading, I was challenged with “How often do I confess His Word?” When life isn’t going like expected, I can confess all my trials OR I can confess the promises of His Word. Demonstrating that even though what I see in the moment does not look so good that He already has promises spoken over my life. So, why don’t I just “confess it”? I’m not a “name it and claim it” sort of gal, but I do believe that every word in the Bible is absolutely true (E.W.I.T.B.I.A.T). And sometimes, I just need to be reminded.
Isa 55:11 says, “So will My word BE which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.”
Isa 40:8 says, “The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.”

So, let’s remember some of His promises together! Use them today as you pray. You can’t go wrong praying the scripture because you KNOW that His will is in His word!
• Jeremiah 29:11-13: 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.”
• Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
• Rom 8:37-39 “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
• Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
• Philippians 4:19 “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Wow, that’s a LOT of supply when you think about His riches!)
• Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.”
• John 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.”
• Hebrews 13:5 “Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU"

There are so many more!! Please add in the comments as God brings them to your mind!

I want to leave you with the best one of all. . .(well, they are all good!)
• Romans 10:8-13: “But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. The Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."
(All scripture from the NASB)

May God bless you today as you pray His Word over your life and the lives of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment