Monday, April 18, 2011

Mercy for Monday

I think Mondays are hard days. Back to the grindstone. Diving into the world. I really don't like it! I prefer to have everyday be the weekend. Safe at home with my family. That being said, I thought I would try to start off Monday by using a Psalm to pray over the week. I hope this helps you too! What better way than to use the Word to ask for mercy as we start the week!

(Adapted from Psalm 130; a song of ascents)

Out of my deepest despair, I cry to you God! Please hear my cry! May your ears be attentive to the voice of my petitions. If you marked down my sins, how could I stand? But, praise Jesus, there is forgiveness with You, that you may be shown reverence! I am waiting for the Lord. In Christ, I hope! All His children, hope in Him, because with the Lord is lovingkindness (convenant love!) and endless redemption! He will and has redeemed us all from our sins! Praise Jesus!

A Psalm, which was a reminder to Israel that redemption was coming to wait on the Lord and to remember His lovingkindness. A reminder to us, grafted in as children of the promise, that he has brought redemption and to wait on the Lord for His imminent return by thinking on his lovingkindness! Be reminded of His mercy on this Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment